Monday, August 20, 2012

Skole

So school started for me last week, kind of early but I'm glad because now I always have something to do. I have a slightly terrifying schedule, I'm taking French, English with the 3rd grade and with my class (we're in 2nd grade), history, math, biology, chemistry, art, and beginning and advanced music. Luckily, I've already studied most of the things we're studying, so I understand what's going on and will  hopefully learn Danish easier! The only classes I don't understand are math and biology, but I don't want to drop biology because we're gonna go snorkeling near Sweden soon!

I somehow ended up in the athletic class at my school, but I'm not taking p.e. with them so I think it'll be okay. I like my class, though, they're super friendly AND we're going on our studietur to Mallorca in March :). I think it'll be a good year with them.

Denmark has fairs, too. There was one near my house this past weekend, called the kræmmermarked. I spent my weekend there with my brother's friends, which was pretty fun. I also went to a Danish birthday party on Sunday, which was a pretty cool experience. Danes love to sing, they have several different birthday songs, plus they sing to start the Rotary meetings every week. I think it's a nice tradition.

I'm working so hard at learning Danish, because it's honestly SO awkward to be in a group of people and not understand anything they're saying. People really like to have me say Danish words and then laugh at my accent, but that's okay because it helps me learn Danish! So many exchange students come here and go home without learning Danish, and I don't want to be one of them.

Well that's all for now, next week is my Introcamp so I'll make sure to post about that soon!

Vi ses

No comments:

Post a Comment