Thursday, August 2, 2012

About to Leave

Well I'm in Portland right now and I leave in a little over 12 hours!! It doesn't feel real. Like I can't believe this is actually happening. I just feel like I'm going on a trip, not leaving to go live in Europe for a year.

One thing that caught me off guard was how amazingly hard it was to say bye to everyone and leave Corvallis. The past few weeks I've been so stressed and excited and sad and it's all just been really emotional. It's terrifying how this is just the beginning of a really emotional year. It'll definitely be worth it, though, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I can't even picture what my life will be like in 48 hours. I don't really know that much about my host families, town, counselor, or school, and it's so difficult to grasp what everything is going to be like for me this upcoming year.

My bags are packed, I've said my goodbyes, and all that stands between me and Denmark is a sleepless night and a 12 hour plane ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment