Friday, August 10, 2012

Roskilde

So yesterday I went back into Copenhagen with my 2nd host brother, Mads. We just walked up and down Strøget and talked, it was nice to get to know him. Then I went out to dinner at Nyhavn with my counselor. It's so beautiful, it's a really nice place to eat. Apparently the majority of the waiters in Copenhagen don't really speak Danish.. Good thing all the Danes speak English!

Today we went out to Roskilde. It has a huge cathedral, possibly the biggest one in Denmark, although I'm not sure. It's where all the Danish royalty are buried. The cathedral looks very unique from any other cathedral I've seen in Europe, it was made with quite a lot of bricks. Here are some pictures:




My camera died, and I brought the wrong charger. I've been having to use my iPod, which doesn't have the best camera.

Roskilde is also known for it's viking history, so we went to their viking museum, too.

Several years ago they found the remains of five viking ships in the water near Roskilde.

They're also building a viking style ship using only the materials and tools the vikings used!

Well that's all for now, vi ses snart!


No comments:

Post a Comment