Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Idek

The past few weeks I have been so incredibly busy. I always have so much to do, making it so that time just flies by. This Thursday will mark my 2nd month of being here, which absolutely terrifies me. Where is the time going? I feel like this year will just zoom by, and then I'll be back home wondering if it all actually happened. It still doesn't feel real that I'm in Denmark right now.

Last week was probably my best week since I arrived here, I was so busy I didn't even go to school! On Monday, my language school went to this Medieval themed town where they teach you about how people lived in Denmark in the 1300's. Despite it being absolutely freezing, it was such a fun day.

All of us minus Cassidy before we were properly garbed

Bahahahah

All of us minus Cassidy AFTER we were properly garbed

It was a weird day

We did archery and made necklaces and other interactive activities that were much better than sitting to school

After that I went home to attempt to get warm, which didn't really happen, and then I was off to Tivoli for a concert! It's called the Voice, and it happens every year. I think it's put on by a radio station, the kduk of Copenhagen. It was nice because all the rides at Tivoli were free, and the Voice had some pretty famous artists at it. Most of them are Danish, like Outlandish, L.O.C. and of course Medina, but Flo Rida was also there. Oh and it was POURING RAIN for the entire 6 hour concert! Here's some pictures:

L.O.C. performing

Troopers

Despite the awful soggyness of the evening, it was still a great night and I got to see a lot of my friends that don't live that close, so det var en godt aften.

Then on Wednesday my class took a biology field trip to go snorkeling and sailing. Snorkeling in Denmark? Yes in Denmark it was insanity. It was such a cool experience, slightly terrifying because the water was full of jellyfish, and seeing as I don't speak Danish I didn't get the memo that they wouldn't sting me, so there was some rather impressive water gymnastics as I tried to swim around while avoiding the jellyfish. I wish I had pictures of us all dressed up and ready to go, but I didn't want to get my camera wet sooo no there's no pictures :(.

Then on Thursday I had to get up bright and early to go to the immigration office in Copenhagen to do some stuff for my residence permit. We got there 5 minutes after it opened, and we were number 28 in line. THANKFULLY though there was a special booth to go and get my biometrics done, so I didn't actually have to wait in line. And then I just went home because I only had 3 classes that day and missed them all making myself a legal immigrant in this grand old country. Oh and because I finally have my residence permit, I can finally get my hypercard!!!!!!!!! It allows me to travel wherever I want within Copenhagen for only 300 kr a month, and I will never have to use a klipkort again. I would explain the whole public transportation system so that what I just said made sense, but it's complicated and confuses me so yeah I can't but getting my hypercard is gonna be really really good! 

Friday was my school's birthday, so instead of having classes we just did these really cool workshops. I was in pressphoto, so basically we just walked around and took pictures of all the other activities  There were several different dance classes, tree climbing, gourmet foods, as well as many others. It was just a really laid back day. 

After school, I went over to my classmate's house to have dinner and get ready for the school party we were headed to that night. Like I said in a previous post, I love my class. They're so nice and friendly, and I'm so happy that I'm actually making Danish friends so cheers! The entire weekend I was just crazy busy trying to hang out with my class and my English class and the kids in my town and my exchange student friends so it was crazy, but such an amazing weekend, I'm having the best time here. 

Well yeah sorry for this slightly frazzled post, in case you couldn't guess I'm a little sleep deprived.

Tak for reading my blog! (Læser min blog på dansk? Hmm I don't know)

Alicia



No comments:

Post a Comment